Weather in the South
“If you don’t like it, wait five minutes!” We’ve heard it said a thousand times, but it’s the honest truth. Especially in areas like ours, we have to be careful to pay attention to our roofs. A single leak could cost thousands of dollars in damage, not to mention the harm it could do to things we consider irreplaceable. We at Beneficial Roofing want to make certain that you, the people in our community, are looked after and cared for, not just in the event that something goes wrong, but to stop anything wrong from happening.
What Can I See?
Of course, you don’t want to call use out for every little potential issue, and we don’t want you to, either. There are a few things you can watch out for, yourself so that you can know the best time to give us a call so we can send one of our experts to check in on you. Note: Please do not go on your roof unless you are 100% healthy enough to do so! No need for anyone to get hurt, especially since most of this can be seen from the ground. Some common things to look for include:
- Places inside where the ceiling is sagging, either in little bubble-like spots or in larger, bulge-like areas
- Any sort of dark spotting or dark trails along the ceiling inside
- On the outside, look for missing or damaged shingles
- In your gutters, watch for granules or big pieces of sand-looking things from the shingles
- If you have any wooden roofing, make sure you look for termite damage, as well
“Uh-oh” is right. Looks like we have a little problem. But that’s okay! We’re the right people to help you. Like I said, our goal is to make certain you, your home, and your family is safe. So that’s exactly what we’re going to do.
Call an Inspector
This is the first thing you need to do, preferably right about now. It’s okay, I can wait.
All right, now that you’ve got that scheduled, let me tell you what’s gonna happen. Our inspector is going to come out to take a look inside for damage, he’s going to get up on your roof and take a look. He’ll take notes, he’ll take pictures, he’ll get all the information together. He’s doing this for a few reasons:
- First, damage you receive is usually covered by your insurance policy. The documentation he makes will help you file with your insurance to make certain they help cover the price.
- Second, it lets him show our repair crews what they’re going to be working on so they know exactly what to expect when they show up.
- Third, before we start any work, he’s going to present a few options.
Recycle, Repair, Replace?
You’re going to have a few decisions to make, three choices.
- Repair: This is the easy one. If the damage isn’t extensive, then a patch job will suffice. Just fix up the spots here and there and you’re good to go! There’s a second part to consider, which we’ll get to in a moment.
- Replace: If there’s extensive damage, this may very well be worth considering. Roofs also wear out over time due to sunlight exposure, erosion from wind and rain, and decay.
- Recycle! What does that mean? Well, whether you’re doing minor repairs or a full replacement, there are options that can help save you money over time. Things that can help make your home more energy efficient, or help with your insurance premium, or even extend the life of the new roof. Our inspector will be able to help you decide what’s right for you on that front.
But wait! I’m a business!
Oh! Well, that’s fine. Just replace “your home” and “your family” with “your office” and “your employees.” It’s the same thing, really, but on a much larger scale. That’s why we employ inspectors and contractors that specialize in commercial roofing, to make certain that businesses in our community are taken care of.
That’s why whether you’re a homeowner, a landlord, a renter, or a business owner, you should let us be the ones to take care of you.
- We’re right here, in Trenton
- We’re professional, licensed, experts in our field
- We care about you, the people we live with, we work with, we see every day
- We use top-quality materials, provide top-quality service, and deliver only top-quality results
- We want to make certain our neighbors are safe and happy.
So if you find damage, if you worry you need an inspection, if you decide you want us to come see you, give us a call and we’ll make sure to give you the best services available in the market today.