We Offer Roof Replacement in Collierville, Tennessee
Here at Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN, we understand that your roof is arguably the most important part of your home. Not only does it add to the beauty and comfort of your home, but it also provides crucial protection to the structure, as well. That’s why it’s essential to understand when to make repairs to a roof and when to go ahead and make a complete replacement.
Reasons to repair a roof
Roof replacement is an expensive endeavor, so it’s a good idea to be a certain replacement is necessary. Often minor damages to a roof can be easily repaired. If your roof is new—5 years or less – is not showing any water staining and the flashing is secure, you can likely get away with just replacing shingles with minor damage. You will also want to be sure gutters and drain pipes are cleared out and not leaking. If the damage is more extensive or is likely to be just a “stop-gap” measure, you may need to look at having the roof replaced.
Reasons to replace a roof
If your roof is older than 5-8 years and you’re planning to continue living in the home for more than a few years, a roof replacement is probably a good idea. This is especially true if the roof is past its warranty. So, what’s considered major damage?
- Missing or broken shingles
- Shingles that are bare, buckling or curling
- Multiple broken tiles
- Damaged flashing
- Significant water staining
If you’re having problems with leaks or think your roof might have some damage, the first step is to have a free consultation or inspection. Our professional inspectors can help you determine which roofing service is right for you. If replacement is in your future, here’s what you can expect:
- Our professional technician will get up on your roof and do a thorough inspection.
- You and the technician will talk about the best plan for you, based on the findings.
- If replacement is the choice, our technician will walk you through some essential choices
Roofing Material Choices
Choice of roofing materials is often limited based upon your locality. Many homeowners associations have a specific type and color range of roofing materials which are allowed in your HOA. Be sure you know any restrictions you have under your HOA rules before you make your final choice. Of course, personal taste is the primary factor in choosing your roofing materials, but roof pitch also determines which type of materials are appropriate for your individual roof.
Common residential roofing choices include:
- Asphalt composition shingles: by far the most popular roofing material, PROS: cheap, easy to obtain, CONS: can have a flat appearance making them less striking other types of materials
- Wood shakes or shingles: PROS: very attractive shingles, great durability CONS: pricey, not a good choice in regions where the fire is a hazard
- Metal roofing:becoming more popular in recent years PROS: very durable, fireproof, have long life, multiple types available (including raised-seam panels and types that resemble composite shingles) CONS: expensive because they require specialty contractors for installation (Although, they can be cost-effective in the long term because of their durability.)
- Slate roofing:PROS: very attractive, high-end CONS: heavy, expensive, slippery to walk on and difficult to repair
- Composition slate: Gaining in popularity PROS: made from 95% recycled materials (including rubber), resemble slate and other types of stone tile, are much lighter than slate and less susceptible to damage
- Clay or ceramic tile: “Spanish-style” red tile roofing material PROS: popular in warmer climates, still common, but being gradually replaced by lighter weight metal and composite materials made to mimic the Spanish tile look CONS: heavy
How can Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN help?
Our professionally trained and licensed technicians can perform a thorough free inspection and help you weigh the pros and cons of replacement or repair options. If you’re replacing your roof, we can walk you through the process of material selection and then get the job done for you at an affordable price in a time frame that fits your schedule. Give us a call today!