We Offer EMERGENCY ROOFING Services in Collierville, Tennessee
You bolt upright in your bed. That crash on the roof! You dress quickly and race outside. There it is. Your stomach sinks. The wind finally caught that dead branch you’d been meaning to have cut down. Too late now. The branch is lying in chunks across your roof and yard. A gaping hole in the roof grins at you, dark against the shingles. What to do? A cool gust blows against your face, reminding you that rain is not far away as you race inside.
What is Emergency Roofing?
Any number of things can happen to your roof, necessitating an emergency repair. Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN defines a roofing emergency as any circumstance that results in the exposure of your roof sheathing (boards) to the elements. Wind, especially in Tennessee, is the primary cause of roofing emergencies, but a few others are listed below.
• Broken or errant tree limbs
• Heavy ice build-up
• Heavy rain
What You Need to Do
Once you have determined your roof requires emergency services, follow these steps:
• Ensure safety of all family members and pets. Move to an alternate, safe location if warranted
• Call our office immediately. We provide 24/7 emergency repair response teams, so we’ll be here whenever you need us.
• Call your homeowner’s insurance company and notify them of the damage.
• If possible to do so safely, photograph the damaged area and write a brief narrative describing the damage and its cause to submit to your insurer.
• If you can do so safely, place leak protection measures in your attic to prevent water from leaking further into your home.
We do NOT recommend that you attempt to cover the damage yourself, especially if you have a steeply- or even moderately-pitched roof. Leave the dangerous work to us. Most homeowner’s insurance companies reimburse homeowners for having emergency tarping applied professionally, as this prevents further loss to the company, as well as the homeowners.
What We Will Do
We’ll arrive at your home in as short a time as possible, with all the supplies needed to mitigate damage to your home and belongings. Our first priority is to stop any more water from entering your home. Here’s what we’ll do:
- We’ll tarp over the exposed area of the roof using a state-of-the-art blue roofing tarp and securing it in a way that prevents any further leakage into your home.
- We’ll deal with any lost or damaged shingles or flashing by making emergency, stop-gap replacements and sealing everything with the highest quality roofing cement.
- We’ll take a look at the inside of your roof to determine the extent of the damage and schedule a free inspection for as soon as possible.
After the Emergency
Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN is your local, award-winning roofing company. We won’t put in stop-gap measures and leave you to figure out the rest of the problem alone. We’re here to help you through every phase of getting the repairs you need after the emergency. Our expert customer service representatives will assist you in dealing with your insurance company while our highly trained technicians help you determine the extent of the damage and what repairs are needed. Whether you need a completely new roof, or smaller roofing repairs will do the job, Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN is here for you. Give us a call today!