We Offer ROOF STORM DAMAGE Services in Collierville, Tennessee
When it comes to inclement weather in Collierville, TN, Mother Nature can be brutal. The NOAA event database reports $389.5K worth of property damage alone in from July 1, 2017-July 31, 2018. With this kind of loss potential, it’s vital to know where to turn after the storm blows past. Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN is your award-winning, trusted local turnkey roofing contractor. We know Collierville, we know roofing, and we know insurance companies. We can help you cut though the red tape and get the repairs your roof needs.
Hidden Roof Storm Damage
Some storm damage is obvious. Dangling gutters, shingles in the yard, a tree limb protruding from your roof. But, even the mildest storms and shortest spurts of hail can leave hidden damage that won’t become apparent to a homeowner until it causes significant damage to the roof and home.
Hail Roof Damage
The terminal velocity of a one-inch diameter hailstone is 50mph. This means it hits your roof at a rate of speed faster than cars travel in a residential zone. And, unlike your vehicle, it doesn’t slow down before impact. Even hail this small can leave significant damage to your shingles and flashings that you probably won’t be able to see. Hail damage to shingles results in destruction of the protective layers of the shingle and exposes the underlying roofing materials to the elements. The damage can be small enough that it’s virtually unnoticeable to the untrained observer, but it can lead to thousands of dollars in repairs.
Wind Roof Damage
While hail damages your roof by a direct impact, wind wreaks havoc in a very different way. Every thunderstorm produces a straight-line burst of wind that can start damaging homes at 50-60 mph. These winds topple trees, bring down power lines, and whip debris from neighboring homes onto your roof. They pry loose your shingles and curl them back breaking the adhesive seal without ripping them completely off. Once the wind moves on, the shingles resume their position, apparently undamaged. Flying tree limbs or branches and other debris can hit your roof and fly off —leaving tiny punctures in your shingles.
Dealing with Your Insurance Company
Insurance companies are in business to make a profit. At Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN, we deal with homeowner’s insurance companies every day. We know the ways they attempt to avoid paying for damages which they should cover. Most insurance companies have a limited time for you to file a claim after storm-damage occurs. We’ll go to bat for you with your homeowner’s insurance claim, but here are some things you can do yourself to get things started right away:
- Walk around the outside of your home. Look for and photography any damage to gutters, windows, screens, or siding as this many indicate additional damage to your roof.
- Note debris lying in your yard or on your roof, if you can see it from the ground.
- Check the surfaces of your air conditioner for dents from hail.
- Inside, look for leaks or water spots on your ceilings and in your attic.
- Call a contractor. Contractors come out of the woodwork after a heavy storm, so make sure you choose someone you can trust. Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN has professionally certified expert roofing inspectors. Locally owned and operated, we take pride in serving our community with integrity and the commitment to perfection you want in a contractor.
- Call your homeowner’s insurance company and inform them that you will be filing a claim and ask for an inspection. DO NOT meet with the adjustor or inspector without a professional roofing contractor. Your roofing contractor will know the laws and codes regarding storm damage and will be able to help the adjustor understand the exact type of damage that has occurred to your roof.
Do Not Get on Your Roof!
Especially following a storm where you suspect damage has occurred, call a professional to examine your roof. Your roof structure may be compromised, and your shingles will be slippery. Leave the risky work to your roofing contractor. Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN offers FREE inspections and can help you with all your roofing and insurance company needs following a storm. Give us a call today!