We Offer Commercial Roofing Services in Collierville, Tennessee
As fellow brick-and-mortar business owners, the experts at Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN understand what it takes to get a business up and running. We know the financial risks involved in operating your own business out of a storefront or warehouse. The condition of your building is a crucial element in determining the success or failure of your venture. That’s why giving your building a secure roof using the right materials is a top priority. Done right, your commercial roof will protect your investment for decades – maybe even centuries – to come.
Types of Collierville commercial roofs
Brick-and-mortar businesses come in all shapes and sizes. Some businesses, such as condos and storefronts, have a more residential type roof. Others have large, flat roofs like those required for warehouses, hospitals, and restaurants. Our commercial roofing specialists at Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN are highly trained professionals, up-to-date on the latest in commercial roofing methods and materials.
Commercial roofing materials in Collierville
The roofing material you choose depends primarily on the slope of your roof. Sloped roofs will often have regular asphalt shingles, like most residential roofing systems. Roofs with low-slope or no-slope (flat) cannot be shingled, so other options must be considered. Fortunately, you have several choices.
Common flat roof products in Collierville TN
So, if you can’t shingle a flat roof, how do you cover it to protect the valuable investment beneath? Here are a few of the most commonly used materials for commercial or industrial flat roofing.
- Rolled asphalt: This product comes in rolls and is made of the same materials at asphalt shingles. It’s rolled out on your flat or low-slope roof and adhered at the seams.
Benefit s:inexpensive, easy to install
Drawback s:short life-span (about 10 years), not energy efficient, prone to leaking at seams, requires significant maintenance and often repairs
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer: Also known as EPDM, this product is usually referred to as rubber roofing. Also available in rolls, EPDM roofing requires adhesive to bond the seams. Initially available only in black, EPDM now comes in a variety of alternate colors less prone to heat absorption and retention.
Benefits: easy to install, inexpensive, lightweight, highly resistant to UV rays, life expectancy up to 20 years
Drawback s:dark colors absorb sunlight and exterior heat which puts additional stress on a building’s air conditioning system, can come unglued allowing water beneath the membrane
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin: Known as TPO, this single-ply roofing membrane system is quite popular in commercial roofing. Installation includes melting together adjacent pieces of TPO sheets, creating a strong, more dependable bond than external adhesive.
Benefit s:inexpensive, lightweight, virtually a single sheet roof system, white color reflects the s sun and helps reduce heat buildup inside the building, resistant to corrosion or growth of mildew/algae
Drawback s:Top layer is laminate and susceptible to cracking or shrinking over time, thicknesses vary depending on the manufacturer, not fire resistant
- Polyvinyl Chloride: Known as PVC roofing, this product is made of two layers of PVC material surrounding a polyester reinforcement layer. PVC roofing sheets are also bonded with heat welding
Benefits:comparatively long life-span, lightweight, durable, resistant to moisture, fire, wind and chemicals, doesn’t absorb or become weakened by oils and greases, UV-stable, flexible
Drawbacks:expensive, can shrink over time, older PVC roofing may shatter or puncture in very cold weather, can be difficult to repair
- Spray Polyurethane Foam: liquid plastic applied to roofing deck, SPF solidifies in seconds as it expands up to 30 times the beginning size as it dries. With insulative and reflective properties, SPF provides savings on heating and AC costs. More foam can be added to correct ponding or to channel water toward drains.
Benefits: very long life–up to 40+ years, outstanding tensile strength, durable
Drawbacks: requires specialized training to apply, if not properly maintained may require removal which is difficult and expensive
We can help
Sloped. Flat. Asphalt. TPO. PVC. EPDM. SPF. Whatever your commercial roofing needs, you can count on Beneficial Roofing of Collierville, TN to help you every step of the way. Our licensed, experienced contractors are committed to providing exceptional service at a price you can afford, so make sure your biggest investment is protected from the elements. Give us a call today!